OK, sure. This may not be the sexyist, most glamorous organizing topic. But for those of us juggling mighty organizing demands with never enough time and resources...it could be one of the most valuable.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone involved in progressive organizing who wants to get more done with less stress and more joyfulness in their personal or work life in 2019!
- Anyone who wants to find more effective ways to manage and work collaboratively with teams of leaders, volunteers or staff.
Our bias is towards free and low-cost tools.
What we cover:
- Why every organizing group should have an intentionally constructed “Tech Stack” and make sure every staffer knows how to use it. We'll make recommendations for Tech Stacks for small to medium-sized organizing groups, groups with chapters and affiliates, and local unions.
- Comparing the top 5 campaign and team management tools on the market (2 have useful free versions) and how to decide which is right for you
- Trello for campaign and team management. We'll demo advanced tips and tricks and provide dashboard templates useful for campaigns, foundation outreach and other common uses. Track deadlines for your entire team with an excellent add-on.
- Options for larger more complex team needs, including free/reduced rates for non-profits.
- Our favorite free meeting scheduling app and comparison info with others in use and the additional feature that may be worth paying for.
- Team communication tools: what to use when
- Slack for team communication - best practices and use cases, and when other apps may work better
- Admin email protocols to help you stay organized and stress-free
- The best browser tab management app if you're a multi-tasking tab power user who craves more efficiency
- Our favorite editorial calendar, and some different methods groups use to stay organized and meet posting deadlines
- The godsend tool that tracks which emails we missed responding to, and who needs to be "re-ping'ed" because they haven't responded yet.
- Implementation! How to move your organizational culture towards supporting staff and volunteers to be their most effective and joyful selves!
Photo: Demonstrators surround a police vehicle during a march demanding an end to sexism and gender violence in Santiago, Chile 2018. REUTERS/Ivan Alvarado